Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Start


"Know a man, his face seems pulled and tense
Like he’s riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds
So I approach with tact, suggest that he should relax
But he’s always moving much too fast
Said he’ll see me on the flipside
On this trip he’s taken for a ride
He’s been taking too much on ...
There he goes with his perfectly unkept clothes
There he goes..." - Pearl Jam


I frequently find myself in deep thought, considering how much the life and death of my cousin Andy has affected my outlook on life.

His was a life of extremes. Extreme joy. Extreme sadness. Extreme anger. Extreme addiction. Extreme humor. Extreme shame. Extreme love.

This blog is a start; a start at chronicling the impact his life has had on me and others.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

It's beautiful.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

What a beautiful statement. How beautiful that God made us to need, desire, and crave relationships. And that a relationship can go with us throughout a lifetime. After all, He designed us with that God-filled vacuumn so we could have a relationship with Him, should we choose it. I'm so glad Andy chose it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home