Thursday, February 09, 2006

Homesick


Every time I’ve thought of Andy since he left last year, the words of this song come into my head.

"You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now"
- Mercy Me


For so long we’d miss him, but then, he’d suddenly arrive at a holiday gathering. That is how it feels now, like he’s just going to suddenly be back one day and all will be well.

Most of my dreams of him are that there’s a funeral, but he’s alive and he’s there. Which is weird, but it must have something to do with not having had a chance to say goodbye.

My dreams give me a chance to do that…sort of.

- Raggedy Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home