Monday, January 22, 2007

Smile


A big part of my creative development came during the time I was in a band called Circe's Smile. My cousins Rob and Andy, natural musicians, put together an avant garde rock band and invited me to be the singer. Andy was a much better singer than I was, but he would much rather play the drums.

Though my time with the band was short lived, I cherish the memory of singing to Rob's melodious keyboard on top of Andy's steady backbeat. The rush of being on stage playing our mad cabaret to a small clot of fans was the candy that made us smile.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a really cool picture of a really cool kid. His voice really was amazing.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

What a great photo--and such happy memories. You all were so READY for wherever life would take you. Rob and Andy were great musicians and you could sure sing your heart out! Would that we could turn back the clock for just a moment--you've helped us do that with this lovely blog.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger DianeHGA said...

Rob and Andy both were born with a wonderful musical talent. I could sense that even when they were very small, although we didn't get to see them very often! I'm glad that Andy was able to use his God-given talent to entertain and amaze others. Andy was "Cool" even when he didn't try to be "Cool"! All of us will remember the smile he could bring to your face so easily..a born entertainer! Thank you for sharing the pic and memories. Andy will be in our hearts forever!
Aunt Diane GA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home