Thursday, February 09, 2006

How Wonderful


I am stuck between my physical body that wants to stay put and safe and comfortable, and that immortal realm that took our Andy one year ago today. I want to go to his grave and connect with his eternity and join him there. And yet I am hanging on to this life, but our Andy is not here. And so I am horribly, horribly torn.

To understand what it means to lose someone you love dearly means to know pain, certainly, but it also means to remember with so much joy and delight. And I find delight in every memory I have of Andy, as a little boy, as a young man that got such a kick out of his funny and eccentric relations--including me. And then my heart does ache for the empty place he's left in the hearts of his parents, his brother, his cousins--my children--and I wonder how it can possibly have happened at all.

He's the one that shouldn't have had to go, and now I know what it means to long for Heaven--to really long for Heaven. We all, all of us who grieve, now have a link to Heaven, and the link is our precious Andy. Andy is connecting his loved ones to Heaven--we know how to get there, we know the Way, and we know he is waiting for us. How wonderful, how painful, how joyous, how amazing, how awesome, how humbling. Thank you, Andy, for giving me a glimpse of the Way.

- Aunt B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home