Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Andy's Mama


Today is Andy's mama's birthday.

Surely her thoughts of gifts she might receive today turn to her heart's desire -- that she would have a moment with her beloved son once again.

If he could talk to her audibly today, no doubt he would tell her, "Mom, you won't believe it, Grandpa and I have been having so much fun getting to know each other over and over. We have our eyes opened to all the mysteries of God, of creation, of the Savior. The language spoken here is so beautiful, and there is no memory of pain, or suffering. There is only eternal love and glories, and grace upon grace. And there's no time here! It's almost like the day I left, everything is brand new to me! Remember that part of a verse, 'in the twinkling of an eye?' It's like that.

"Mom, don't be sad today. I love you, I loved you always, and in a twinkling of an eye, we'll be together again. You, me, Dad, Rob, Tatiana.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to the sweetest mom in the world."



From Becky

7 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Yes, happy birthday Judy...we thought of you on your birthday and thought of Andy too...Love you...

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

Thank you, Chind, for your sweet, thoughtful comments.
I picture Andy often, just as you described - comprehending everything with crystal clarity - smiling, lots of laughter. I'll miss him for the rest of my life.
Everything is always tinged with the realizaton of the loss of him, but what a comfort to know that he really is only a breathe away and that one spectacular day we will be reunited. In the meantime, God is not yet finished with us, so we live each day attempting feebly to honor Him and have Andy's life and memory count for good.
Blessed Hope!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Andy was such a great guy, and we all know that a lot of his great qualities came from Aunt Judy. Happy birthday to one of the sweetest most honorable women I know

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

Annie Angel, you honor me - I'm humbled.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

I just re-read the post and saw the words "from Becky" at the bottom. Thank you, Becky, for your loving thoughts - love you, too.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

That was so sweet. I can only imagine. I hope you had a nice birthday Aunt Judy.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

Hope you had a wonderful b'day, too, CS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home