Monday, February 18, 2008

Go Rest High

My cousin Andy would have been 30 today. We would have
been the same age for a few months as it always was.
Andy is still so close to my heart, and as I think of
him today I remember how much fun we always had.
Whenever I start to feel really sad and miss Andy,
which is still quite often I must confess, I have to
remind myself that he is not missing this life. He's
got it really good now, better than any of us can
imagine I'm sure. So, while today, I am feeling sad, I
can still rejoice that he is with our Father and
having a much greater celebration than we would have
offered today.

I love you Andy. Happy Birthday.

Here are the lyrics to "Go Rest High" which was
fitting for Andy. Oh, how I wish we could hear him now
singing with the angels and praising the God he loved.

I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You werent afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

Chorus:
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin
Love for the father and son

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
We gathered round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing


- Annie

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

This is so precious, Annie Angel. I don't recall ever having heard this song, but, oh, how perfect for our boy! Thank you for thinking of Andy and continuing to love and miss him. We do every hour of every day, but we know that he's joyous and his burdens are lifted. Can't wait to put our arms around him and hear his laugh and welcome us to our eternal home!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh Annie! Yes, you have said it--he wouldn't want to come back, as much as we would have him back! I've been reading Streams in the Desert lately and it talks so much about suffering and loss and our struggle with it--but how far better it is to be in glory with our Savior...thanks for sharing...

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger The Encourager said...

Annie -

Thank you for allowing your heart to be open and allowing us a glimpse of your deep love for Andy.

I'm so glad my children have such tender hearts. You're beautiful and I love you,

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home