Sunday, February 08, 2009

Face In The Crowd


"I thought that I saw your face in the crowd
But that couldn't be
'cause you walk beyond the stars."

-Terry Scott Taylor, 'One More Time'

Do you ever see Andy somewhere out in the real world? I catch him in a car in the far right lane or in a crowded walkway. He is sometimes walking on the sidewalk or holding the door for me at a restaurant.

It's not him, of course, but he always makes me look twice. My memories of him, and my desire to see him one more time, always makes me look again.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

I see him too sometimes, but I can't wait to REALLY see him in Heaven.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

That is so true. In fact just Saturday, when we were heading over to Aunt Judi's to pick her up to go somewhere, I saw a person outside a shop just waiting to go in, a side view, and it was uncanny how I immediately thought of Andy...then I thought of his folks and how it must happen even more frequently to them and it must get them to their core and bring it all back so close to their hearts. We miss him so...!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I see him everywhere, even in my dreams. Boy, do I miss him, today and always.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Aunt Judy said...

We see him, too - anywhere, everywhere, unexpectedly. We find an excuse to go back and take another, longer look at the young man who looks like our boy. We know, of course, our precious boy now walks streets of gold, not the hard, cold pavement we walk.

Thank you, as always, for your remembrances of Andy. We are touched and comforted by your words.

He celebrated four years in Heaven yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home